Wednesday, 26 November 2014

The Tokyo Comedy Store: November 2014

I completed my three gigs at The Tokyo Comedy Store this week and they were, as always, an unqualified success!!

I arrived at The Comedy Club with my caravan of go-go girls, performing bears, trampoline, and unfrocked priests at 10.00pm!

The streets were already crammed with well-wishers, fans and followers - all of whom hoped to catch a glimpse of me without my make-up!!

I adjourned to my dressing-room to address myself to the task of selecting the most desirable virgins provided for my sport!

I handed out well over a million signed photographs and ‘Rob Gotobed is A Terrifically Exciting Lover!’ T-shirts!!

Once inside the Comedy Club you could sense the tension and excitement that thrilled through the expectant crowd of 80,000!

Every available space inside The Club was filled and outside tickets were exchanging hands for $50,000 each!!

I can’t keep this pretence up a moment longer - and I suspect most of you suspected I was making it all up anyway!!

The reality was that I arrived early, walked the wind-swept streets of Tokyo alone, and played soccer against a derelict building!!

Oh, the loneliness of the long distant stand-up comedian since his excommunication from his beloved BBC!!

Anyway, I just want to say thank you to EVERYONE who came to see my shows at The Tokyo Comedy Store.

You Japanese guys were FANTASTIC, thanks for being so incredible and nice! I had an AWESOME time!!

Tokyo the only show where I got 1500 individual standing ovations! ….One at a time, as audience left mid-show!!

Due to audience demand, I will now be closed on Thursday afternoons throughout the rest of 2014!!

PS: Maybe it’s just me, but I believe the sport of Fencing would be a lot more interesting if it was just one guy versus a beehive!!

Thanks Tokyo! Hope to see you again soon!!

.

No comments: